Real Estate Sales Community Access Protocol
On behalf of the Board of Governors, Residents, and Staff at Mariner Sands – Welcome! We want to assure you from the outset that we understand the vital importance of the real estate sales process to the continued success of Mariner Sands. Mariner Sands is a wonderful community and the Security personnel, HOA Administration Office, and entire staff at Mariner Sands are available to assist in every way possible to ensure a positive real estate sales experience for all parties involved.
In pursuit of that goal, we ask that you familiarize yourself with our established policies and procedures pertaining to real estate sales access to the community. The following is the Mariner Sands Board of Governors approved security protocol for dealing with the most common occurrences concerning access requests to residential real estate listings. Obviously, from time to time, there will be unique circumstances and needs not specifically addressed below. We will be glad to address those specific needs on an individual basis as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Please let us know if you have any further questions regarding access to our beautiful community, or if we may be of any further service to you at any time during the real estate sales process.
Mariner Sands Property Owners
Prior to listing his or her home for sale, the property owner should notify John Schmahl in the HOA Administration Office of their intent to do so. John will at that point verify for the HOA office files the necessary contact and property access information pertinent to the security, maintenance and sale of the property. He will notify Security with the updated contact and access information to cross check against the information on file with Security. Security can then follow-up with the owner with any security questions or concerns they may have regarding access to their residence.
Protocol for On-Site Listings (Golden Bear):
- If a property is listed by the on-site sales office (Golden Bear) the access to the home will be:
- Any sales person who has a window pass issued by Security can access at any time without calling the gate.
- If the on-site company has other offices and one of the agents from another office associated with the on-site office (such as a Golden Bear office in West Palm Beach) wishes to view an on-site listing, then the on-site office will contact the gate accordingly and access will be allowed.
Protocol for Listings by an Outside Broker:
- The outside broker is responsible for contacting the property owner and the owner must call the gate to allow access to the property for any showings. If the owner is not available, the burden of access falls on the outside Broker. The on-site sales office shall not be called upon to provide access to a property that is not listed by them.
- The managing broker of any licensed real estate agency with a listing in Mariner Sands shall provide a list of any authorized sales agents in their office requiring access to the listing to Mariner Sands Security. Thereafter, those agents on the approved list will be able to call the gate directly at 772.220.6604 for access to the real estate listing.
- The on-site sales office at Mariner Sands has no responsibility for any outside Broker's actions.
The dates and frequency of Open Houses are controlled and pre-approved by the Board of Governors of Mariner Sands. Mariner Sands allows two (2) Open House weekends per month in-season (November – April) and one (1) Open House weekend per month out-of-season (May – October). Please check with the Mariner Sands HOA Administration Office for the approved dates and times for Open Houses as well as any procedures or rules relative to hosting an Open House at Mariner Sands.
Protocol for an On-Site Sales Office (Golden Bear) Listing Open House:
- The HOA Administration Office (John Schmahl) will be informed of the date, time and addresses for the Open House.
- Any advertising of the Open House will instruct participants to go to the on-site sales office.
- The participants will fill out an information form, then the on-site sales office personnel will call Security granting the individual(s) access thru the gate. Security will also be informed at that time as to how many houses the participant is going to see and how long they are expected to be on site.
- The Open House guests will also be instructed by the on-site sales personnel that if they wish to tour the clubhouse, tennis, pool or fitness center, then they need to come back to the on-site sales office and the on-site sales personnel will escort them to tour those areas.
- The ambassadors from the Membership and Marketing Committee will also be made aware of the Open House date and time. When possible, it is recommended that ambassadors from that committee assist the real estate sales team by volunteering to be at the club house and the pool area to greet our Open House guests and answer any questions about the club they may have.
Protocol for an outside Broker’s Listing Open House:
- The HOA Administration Office (John Schmahl) shall be informed at least three days in advance by the Outside Broker of the date, time and addresses of homes participating in the Open House.
- Any advertising of the Open House will instruct participants to contact the outside Broker or Agent for appointments and access instructions to view the property.
- The outside Broker or Agent will then contact Security with the names of those participants authorized to be granted access to tour their listings.
- The outside Broker or Agent must be present at each listing participating in the Open House. Any assistants to the outside Broker or Agent assisting with the viewing of Open House listings must be pre-registered with Security for access to the home.
- Any Open House participants wishing to tour the clubhouse, tennis, pool, or fitness center must be escorted by a representative of the Outside Broker.
- The ambassadors from the Membership and Marketing Committee will also be made aware of the Open House date and time. When possible, it is recommended that ambassadors from that committee assist the real estate sales team by volunteering to be at the clubhouse, tennis and pool area to greet our Open House guests and answer any questions about the club they may have.
- The Outside Broker or Agent is responsible for the conduct of their assistants and all participants granted access to their Open House listings.
We thank you for your understanding and support of our Real Estate Sales Community Access Protocol. Your compliance with these policies is appreciated. If you have any further questions or need any further assistance feel free to contact either Pete Drucker, Director of Security, at 772.220.6604 or John Schmahl, Communications Specialist, in the HOA Office at 772.221.7300.